Nasolabial Folds Treatment
As we get older, our facial appearance can begin to change. As the years pass by, the skin can lose its natural elasticity, due to a reduction in collagen production. This can mean that nasolabial folds become more prominent and skin can overlap and drop over these folds on our face.
The nasolabial folds are vertical lines that appear on both sides of the nose, continuing down to the corner of the mouth. As we age, the sagging of the skin can emphasise the appearance of nasolabial folds. This can make you appear tired and older than you years.
But, dermal fillers have become a popular treatment to remedy prominent nasolabial folds. This treatment plumps up the skin, softening the appearance of the lines and tightening the skin.
Before nasolabial folds treatment, patients will meet with our Doctor to discuss what is involved in the procedure. You will also be able to talk about the expected results from dermal fillers for your nasolabial folds.
This is the best time to have any of your questions answered. We will be able to give you suitable answers that apply to your treatment. If you decide to go ahead with dermal fillers, you will be able to arrange a treatment date and time for your first session.
It will involve the insertion of dermal filler through a series of injections with a fine needle. Before you receive these injections, your skin may be numbed with an anaesthetic cream. This will make sure the treatment is free from pain, with minimal discomfort experienced.
There is little downtime associated with dermal fillers. While some slight reddening of the skin and swelling is common, this will usually decrease within 48 hours of treatment. There will be no scars left from the injections, with minor bruising possible, but not expected.
After received nasolabial folds treatment you will be able to go home immediately and return to your daily routine.
Yet, it is important to remember that every patient is different and that results are individual. You will be able to find out more about your personalised, expected results during a consultation.
The results of nasolabial folds can last up to two years. But again, this will depend on the individual patient, taking in account their age and condition of their skin.
- Downtime: There is little downtime associated with dermal fillers. While some slight reddening of the skin and swelling is common, this will usually decrease within 48 hours of treatment. There will be no scars left from the injections, with minor bruising possible, but not expected.
- Prepration: It is best to avoid any non-prescription blood thinning medication e.g. aspirin, fish oil as it can make bruising more likely.
- Approximate Cost: Due to regulations regarding dermal filler injections and their classification as a Schedule 4 medication, an approximate cost cannot be provided without a consultation with our Doctor.
Injectable Appointment Policies*
As of 1st July 2019 the following will apply to our injectable appointments:
– there will be a minimum charge of $75 for all injectable appointments (anti-wrinkle/dermal filler/fat dissolver) with either Dr Mel or Nurse Kate.
– No-show appointments may incur a fee which will be required to be paid before further appointments can be scheduled.
– Management reserves the right to refuse appointments or treatment to clients who may not align with clinic values.